Wednesday 26 October 2011

October 26 already? How can life pass so quickly? I finally came face to face with step 21 in Althea's book - separation and letting go. it has taken me some weeks of contemplating what this might look lie; suddenly it was time. I had recognized and listed my negative habits/experiences on Slips of paper:blackhole-withdrawal, assumed helplessness, survivor guilt,self-sabotage,clutter examples,
And I wanted to burn them. I went outside to the table on the back deck where I left
My collection of clam shells from summer holiday. I put each slip of paper in the shell
And lit a match and watched it burn. I wrote positive alternatives -love, friends, capable, accepting, accept only truth, etc. On the wooden pegs of the wind chime above my head.
I ended up with two shells full of ashes. I carefully held one over the other and
Walked them to our woodpile in the field and tossed the shells and had the surprising
Satisfaction of watching the ashes blow away in the breeze! I am amazed at how therapeutic
This was!
Now I am realizing there is not an old me to return to,I must internalize a new psychological
Profile, a new me...the hardest part of this journey.
Linda

1 comment:

  1. Discovering and Freeing the Hidden Beliefs

    Hi Linda

    Love your description of how the wind lifted the ashes from the shells and scattered them in the winds. What a wonderfully freeing visual. Bringing our issues that originated in the womb to the surface is powerful and deep work, and can make huge differences in our lives. Often afterwards we find we are no longer reactive to issues that we would have been upset about before. I love it when I see that some of my 'buttons' are no longer active and that I can respond naturally! Kalil Gibran said "May the winds of the heavens dance between us." (womb survivors). Good work. Diannah

    ReplyDelete