Tuesday 4 October 2011

Beginning the Journey

My naturopathic doctor made the discovery that I was a wombtwin survivor. It happened only last June.
I had been working with him, or, should I say he had been working with me, for over a year; helping me deal with increasing physical pain that had no source, according to traditional medicine. My quality of life was so diminished that I was near to taking disability leave from my teaching. The moment he suggested that I had a wombtwin I felt a wave of shock and recognition; the familiar dark heavy weight in my heart shifted tangibly to the left (?) and I felt a peace slide in from the right and I burst into tears. I am still in therapy with this fine man, still searching, growing, learning; and looking forward to communicating with other Canadian wombtwin survivors.

No comments:

Post a Comment