Tuesday 17 January 2012

updates, January 2012

Our family was blessed by an unusually warm (for the Canadian prairies) holiday season. The highway
between home and college was safe. Just two days ago (January 14) our warm chinook wind disappeared and we are sitting a -24ยบ C in the grip of an Arctic low. During the month since I last posted I have been able to read through two of Althea Hayton's books; A Silent Cry and Wombtwin Survivors, and I have finally completed the 30 healing steps in her e-book. My turning point came on January 7 when I realized what the issues I had with my mother meant - I had assigned her the role of filling the relationship gap left by (Sam and Jack) my wombmates!! What a freeing realization; our relationship was painful because I expected her to fill needs that she could not fill. She did love me; she did take care of me. My resentment lifted, Mom has been gone 20 years,. Quoting Althea:  I realized "the letting go of a specific form of relationship that has always seemed to be required in order for you to feel whole and live life to the full." I can now "reclaim all my psychological space; I can use my talents in the mainstream of life." the wonderful last chapter in Wombtwin Survivors, chapter 29 -Awakening from the Dream, put it all together for me. Thank-you Althea!
 I am now charting new territory; rapidly learning to recognize weak BETA responses and replace them with ALPHA power, my own. It is exhilarating and frightening at the same time. Adventures ahead!
Any thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. Wherever you go from here I am always on hand for some support! And there is another book on the way - a healing path, in much more detail than the e-book. Althea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do womb twins have a means of gathering in Canada? I have been studying Althea's work for a few months now. I am one of womb triplets. I am considering attending the Conference in London in November 2012. Anyone else planning to do this?

    ReplyDelete